Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mark 3:31-35


 
1. Position yourself to hear God
 
2. Pore over the passage and paraphrase the main points
 
3. Pull out the spiritual principles
 
4. Pose the question
 
5. Plan obedience and pin down a date



Mark 3:31-35New International Version (NIV)
31 Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”
33 “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.
34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”


Paraphrase
  • The crowd told Jesus that His mother and brothers were looking for him
  • Jesus questions them as to who His mother and brothers might be
  • He emphasies the fact that those who do God's will are his family


Principles
  • Just because they were his blood family didn't mean he didn't have other "family"
  • Sometimes fellow brothers ands sisters in the Lord are closer than blood family


Questions
  • Who are my family outside of blood family?  How do I invest in them?

No comments:

Post a Comment